From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2010 09:15:11 -0700

> > Are your customers as successful with the stock as you are?

You hit the nail on the head, Allen!

I tested stock from three breeders of "mite resistant" or "survival stock"
this season.  All developed high varroa levels in my area--much higher than
my own stock!  An additional stock, Russians (2nd generation) derived from
purebred Russian stock, were the exception, and generally kept mite levels
low.

This failure of "resistant" stocks when moved to new environments is common,
and I'm not sure why.  I have no reason to doubt John as far as his reports
of good production and survivability--I've seen excellent mite resistant
hives.

So back to you, John, when you sell queens, what kind of reports do you get
back?

Randy Oliver