Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2010 05:04:32 -0700
...seems to burn better because it is lighter paper....  The only negative I can
think of is if the shredder is also used for  mechanically coated papers (glossy
finish) since these are a bit more  rich in chemicals

I burn rotten wood in my smoker so paper density should not be much of a problem
once it was lit.  If there was a concern of chemicals from the ink, then
possibly a couple of washings with most of the moisture pressed out between
washings might turn the trick.  Works when preparing cassava root for
consumption.

Mike in LA