Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 2010 13:58:57 -0600
Here is the URL http://honeybeenet.gsfc.nasa.gov/
It is a project to prove global warming by looking at time of honey
flows. Where is global warming when you need it.
I have been using scale hives for over 10 years it tells me when the
flow has started and what kind of weather affects it.
Useful only for local plants as they may not be where you are located.
It can tell me when a flow has started when there are
no indications in the hive it can take 3 or more days before white wax
appears and some flows only last a few days.
My files are large the computer take a reading every minute of the day
an I log the weight of 4 hives each on there own scale. I also log
weather readings temperature, due point, sun meter, barometer, total
rain, wind speed and wind direction. I have only noted 3 things
that affects honey flow temperature, due point and sun meter. 0

--
Harper's Honey Farm
Charles Harper