Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 2010 11:08:59 -0500
Some observations-

Just because someone posts here about how well they do keeping bees does not
mean they do a good job of keeping bees. Sometimes they lie, but more often
they fall to pride and do not like to admit failure.

All beekeeping is local- so if it works in Florida it does not mean it will
work in Maine. That also works in reverse, for those who have trouble with
the concept.

Often, the greatest pontificators, like me, keep the fewest bees. The ones
who keep lots of bees are too busy to post here. Except in the winter, but
then they are down in Aruba on the beaches enjoying their five star hotels
from all the money they made pollinating.

Even if someone implies they have a 100 acre spread full of bees, talk to
someone who has actually seen said spread.

If someone has a website extolling their way to keep bees, talk to someone
who has actually visited the apiary before you believe them. Even then,
exercise caution as there are many beekeepers who have no idea what they are
looking at and would not know KBV from their BVDs.

If someone fights science with science, then listen and make up your mind
after reading the actual studies (since they should post a link). If someone
fights science with opinion, you will be in a lot of trouble if you follow
the opinion, no matter how many agree with it. Lemmings go with the group.

There is lots more, but one easy way to judge those who post here is go to
the archives and use the search engine to see all their posts. Same with
issues. Often the subject has come up before.

http://community.lsoft.com/SCRIPTS/WA-LSOFTDONATIONS.EXE?A0=BEE-L

No need to search my name for you will find nothing but brilliant posts,
that I have never lost a colony, never treat, live in Aruba, and have
100,000 colonies managed by Playboy Bunnies. Did I mention my uncanny
resemblance to Tom Cruise?

Bill Truesdell
Aruba