Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:19:25 -0400
One more thing. We are not talking either/or here, as some in the
"alternative" beekeeping group like to do (what is alternative beekeeping
anyway? My closest definition is "We are pure because we only use natural
plant chemicals" ....that come from factories and are never found in nature
at these concentrations but makes them feel good and very superior to the
commercial guy that uses chemicals often found in nature which come from
factories).

Thymol might do its job, but stuff always happens and it is the beekeeper's
responsibility to do something about it. I agree with Peter, that you
continually have to monitor your bees health, but just because you use EOs
does not mean that you sit around, do nothing, and wait for disaster. That's
a government job.

Bill Truesdell who wonders what is happening to the Universe? I am agreeing
with Bob, being challenged for lack of science by Peter and discussing a
treatment right out of the anecdotal world. Ah, grasshopper, but there are
studies.... so maybe their still is order. Did you know that 1 picogram is
not the same as 1 ppt?
Bath, Maine