Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:28:09 -0400
> Botulism? But it only matters if you want to feed it to the under-1 set,
> and
> there's no need for them to have honey anyway.

True, but back before we knew that, honey was often used with infants as a
medicine and a preventive.  Still is in some parts of the world. Botulism is
all around us, so honey is not the one and only here. Any food, incorrectly
prepared, is a possible route for botulism.

Add that the probabilities are low (look at what started the whole issue,
interesting reading), but we live in a zero risk society, hence the
admonition.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine