From:
jimmy odom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 2009 06:53:43 -0500
Hey all contributors and lurkers on The Bee-L:

Bill Harley said:
I am writing from France from where I enjoy reading the messages which
I find very informative. However,  abbreviations sometimes pose a
problem

I am a novice beekeeper of 10 years and a lurker on Bee-L for over 9
years.  I, like Mr Harley struggled with the acronyms and so as I saw
these acros appear and i figured them out I made a list.. below is
what i have gleaned from over the years and not in any order.

CG--Copper gluconate (possibly added to bee feed (syrup) per
         a post by allen dick on 5/2/07

BPV-Bee Paralysis Virus

DWV-Deformed Wing Virus

DCA-Drone Congregation Areas

PMS-Parasitic Mite Syndrome

WIS-Weakened Immune System

EU-Unknown (This acro  was used in a post  along with PMS
       by Bob Harrison  4/9/07)

IMPOV-In My Point Of View

IIRC-If I Recall Correctly

AFAIK-As Far As I Know

NWC-New World Carniolians

FWIW-For What Its Worth

AI-Active Ingrediants

LC-Large Cell

SC-Small Cell

VSB-Varroa Surviving Bees

LD-Lethal Dose

IMO-In My Opinion

HTM-High Tracheal Mite (not sure of this one)

PMFJI--Pardon Me For Jumping In

BTW-By The Way

TM-Tracheal Mite

VM-Varroa Mite

TM-Terrymicin

HMF-Hydroxymethylfurfural (chemical produced from over-
          heating HFCS)

HFCS-High Fructose Corn Syrup

DL-Dance Language

GMO-Genetically Modified Organisms

OM-Open Mating

HSC-Honey Super Cell

BVS-Biological Virus Screening

IVDS-Integrated Virus Detection System

SBR-Slotted Bottom Rack

SBB-Solid Bottom Board

SCUTS-Scutella (African Honey Bee)

FUD-Fear Uncertainty & Doubt (per Peter Bray 3/8/07)

SAD BEES-Stress Accelerated Decline

PMRA-Pest Management Regulatory Agency (Canadian)

APHIS-Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service (Organiztional
             Unit of USDA).

SPV-Spores Per View

OA-Oxalic Acid

Below are some of the viruses that are vectored from Varroa.

ABPV-Acute Bee Paralysis Virus
BQCV-Black Queen Cell Virus
CBPV-Chronic Bee Paralysis Virus
DWV-Deformed Wing Virus
KBV-Kashmir Bee Virus
SBV-Sacbrood Virus

IAPV-Israeli Acute Paralysis Virus (not sure if IAPV is vectored
          from Varroa.

PPB-Piss Poor Beekeeping

FYI-For What It's Worth

Here are others that i never figured out.  Perhaps others on the list
could contribute to what the meaning of these are.

HBTM--??
SPV--??
MSDS--??
SSB--??

The above is FYI & FWIW & AFAIK, there are other acronyms
that could be added to this list.  Please feel free to jump in if the
moderator approves of this post.

jimmy odom
charlotte nc