From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Aug 2009 03:40:00 +0200
We beekeeper also produce a commodity, it is call honey.

It is funny. like talibans fighting for trust (verdad).

I asked about Lorsban and now Brian wants to change the world out of that
simple question. I also love a healthier world, I also dream of less
agrochemical applied, but at the same time I know I am a minority and then
do not rant against all others. On the contrary, I try to observ my
surroundings to be prepare to change my managment accordindly.  Always
learning, always asking, always studying.

In this simple case, after the info Randy send, I knew that between 4 to 7
days after the spray of Lorsban was secure to place my hives on that almond
farm. I phone the farmer and explain to him this situation. I ask him to
send a picture of the almonds to evaluate the amount of bloom. Then I check
the weather forecast. I decided to move in on a given day, knowing that the
day after it was going to rain, and Lorsban was going to be wash out. I
truck the load for 700 km, but the hives were set in such a way that I could
leave the entrance close for a long time. I gave them water from the mesh on
top and only opened the entrances an hour before the rain.

In that way, the farmer did what he had to do (even that I still think it
was a stupid desition), and I keep my contract not risking my bees.

That is the real world as far as I understand it.

At the same time I am bringing to court an other farmer, this time this
apple grower that killed some of my hives in 2007 cause of bad application
of Carbaryl.

That is also the real world.

"Flexible como un coligue" we said in Chile. (Flexible like a cane? could be
a translation). And always learning ...

Chao

Ps: Paul  do you have a new butterfly picture ;)?

--
Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.