Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2010 07:27:11 -0400
  final concentration of 0.06% for each
>> of the oil compounds in the treatments.
>>
>> If the product I want to try have 5% of oregano oil how much should I mix
>> arrive to the 0.06% concentration? 12 ml in a litre?
>>

> Sounds like "if two trains,one in Boston and one in Chicago...".
>
> .06% is .06pph or .6 ppth or .6ml/lt
> 5% is 5pph or 50 ppt or 50ml/lt
> To add 50ml/lt to one lt and get .6 ml/lt
> .6/50=x/1 x= .012ml/lt

I am a firm believer in the Quaker  adage- "Remember, you may be wrong." So
at ten last night, just before I went to sleep,  the error in those
calculations became all too clear. Did not stop me from going right to sleep
since I appreciate Scarlett's comment, "Tomorrow is another day." The error
will still be there in the morning.

After all the discussion of picograms, ppt and the like, I made a 10E3 error
by starting with the 5% solution in one liter, not one ml (.012 lt/lt = 12
ml/lt). So, Juanse, you are right, 12 ml is the start and add water to make
one liter.

Humility is earned, error by error. (Not an old Quaker adage, but mine.)

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine