Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 2009 17:58:03 -0600
7bit
From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
To: Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
>CHEMICAL CONTROL: Treat with the antibiotics terramycin or tylosin.

This is the first time I have heard a person say tylosin will control EFB.

I have had many discussions with USDA-ARS researchers on the subject.

 Maybe Peter B. can get  Rick Fell to  share the source of his information.

All the cases I have been involved with are beekeepers which dropped
prophylactic treatment with terramycin.
Several had been using tylosin prophylactic.

Can any members of the list provide research saying tylosin works against
AFB?

My guess is Mr. Fell has it wrong but will be most interested in finding out
for sure. Mainly because if so then I suspect we *might* have some EFB in
the U.S. also resistant to tylosin.

Thanks to Peter B. for the post. For selfish reasons I need to know if
tylosin works on EFB.

 Medhat?

bob