From:
Claude Hachey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 May 2009 08:45:58 -0300
"Do you see STR"

You had me on that one...did you know there were 79 acronyms for STR?  I'll
check when the weather gets better for Sore Tummy Rub...

This from a previous post re Penn State Backrounder on CCD

"Under bird perches are abdomens..."

When cleaning up deadouts, there were colonies that had a many bee abdomens
between the bottom board and the insulated pallet which I attributed to
field mice.  I also noticed that many bees had vacated colonies to occupy
this space - more bees there than in the hive body.

"Did Jerry get any samples from your bees?"

No...I am not aware that he is collecting bees from Canada and I seem to
recall that he was backlogged with samples.

"raise Qs froma ccd hive the developement is wrong, too long You will get NO
Qs in the end, all sealed die in cells"  again from the Penn State
Backrounder on CCD.  This piqued my interest because we have been having
problems for the last few years with raising queens.  I presented this
problem to this board some time back and the advice I was given was that it
was a case of Black Queen Cell virus which should have cleared up with
treatment of cell builders and breeders with Fumigillin.  It didn't.  Not
all queen cells were affected.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/claudehachey/HPIM0365.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/claudehachey/HPIM0368.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/claudehachey/HPIM0358.jpg