From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 2009 08:54:31 -0400
Hi Bill and all

Throughout this thread where we have toyed with the idea of sick bees
thinking that they should get out of here to save the colony,  I am
reminded of the Monarch butterfly.  One family line of the Monarch,
apparently, fly down the middle of Lake Huron to a point off Goderich
Ontario.  Here they turn and fly east 50 miles then south 50 miles
then west 50 miles then south to continue their trip.  The reason for
the diversion is the mountain that was there a few years ago.

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada
44N80W

PS: Thanks for the pollen chart, most of my bees were returning
Wednesday with loads of tan/grey pollen likely red maple.  The
crocuses are pushing through the small patches of snow and ice still
left.