Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 2009 13:54:54 -0600
I decided to compile a list of those offering mite resistant queens, and in
the process, visited the Glenn apiaries site.

http://www.glenn-apiaries.com/mite_resistant_queens.html

The article at that address is an interesting bit of information.

From the looks of it, judging by advertising at least, mite resistance is
becoming widespread in the stock offered for sale.

Of course, as we observed here earlier in regard to tracheal mites, mite
resistance, back when that was an issue of interest, resistance is much
easier to archive in advertising than in  the apiary.

However, if even a percentage of the number cited in the article are making
a sincere effort, we should be seeing widespread results, and those who are
serious about pursuing resistant stock should be able to find some that
meets their needs.