From:
Grant Gillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 05:04:12 -0800
I've had quite a few calls from "poor" neighborhoods, but the calls come from landlords.  Apparently, the tenants want the bees gone and coerce the landlord to deal with the problem.

Without trying to sound too judgmental, I'm not sure the "poor" really know who to call and don't have the resources to take the next step.  When I've come on the scene to remove the bees, I do not pick up any sense that the "poor" want to co-exist with the bees!  I've also come across a lot of wasps and yellow jackets mistaken for honeybees.

The majority of my removals have come from poorer neighborhoods because the housing is older with more cavities exposed.  Landlords in this area are not too motivated to maintain their rentals.  The neighborhoods are older with mature, well-established trees with hollow cavities.  The newer neighborhoods are traditionally bull-dozed flat, the top soil is sold, the trees piled up and burned, tightly-built houses erected and spindly new trees planted.  That's not too bee friendly.

Grant
Jackson, MO