From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2009 08:47:17 -0600
Alden said:
>>    It sounds right Mike, but my faith is weak. Can we also apply the same
>> confidence to pharmacology?

 Again I suggest all beekeepers get a copy of "A Spring Without Bees " by
 Michael Schacker and read carefully. The book outlines exactly what has
 happened over the years with pesticides(DDT and Penncap M and on) . Michael
 has spent countless weeks researching the facts and arranging in an easy to
 read way.

 Michael lists the sources of his facts so if the information contained in
 the book ( kind of a neonicotinoids 101) does not convince beeks the
 neonicotinoids are problems for beekeepers then one can go to the different
 sources quoted and research further.

 I would love to spend weeks posting interesting facts on the so called
 "Bayer witch-hunt" but could never do the job Michael has done.

 Several of us have spent quite a bit of money buying the book to give to
 people we think need to read the book and might not go to the trouble to
buy
 and read on their own. Perhaps beeks on BEE-L have found a copy in their
 mailbox. If so please read and then pass the book on to others to read. The
 book will be paperback in May. Right now you can get free shipping from
 Barnes & Noble if you order two books. You can get a copy sent to your home
 and the second to a friend and get the free shipping. My last order sent
 books in several directions with free shipping. If you join their book club
 you can get a 20% discount on your order.

 My hope is we can get a copy on shelves of major book suppliers so all
 interested can pickup and see if a book worth reading. If reading and the
 librarian for your local club please consider ordering for your library
from
 one of the booksellers.

 bob