From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2008 17:40:09 -0700
HI Bob,

A liter is slightly more than a quart, so 7-8 liters is in the 2 gallon
range.

The amount of syrup is not as important as the amount of active ingredient
given to the colony.

As far as I know, Fumagilin-B is the same as Fumidil-B except that it
dissolves easier.

Nosema ceranae apparently may require a slightly higher dose than N apis.

When drenched, it apparently requires about 25% more a.i. than the in-syrup
dose recommended for N apis.

Commercial beekeepers are having success drenching with 12oz of of medicated
syrup made by dissolving 1 large (454g) bottle of Fumagilin-B into 7 gallons
of 1:1 syrup. (Or 8oz, made with 1 bottle in 5 gal).

I have extensive articles coming out in ABJ and Bee Culture, and will post
to my website within days.

Randy