From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:11:23 -0500
On 11-Nov-08, at 9:24 AM, Peter L Borst wrote:

> Either A) they don't have this disorder which nobody knows what it is,
> or B) the list of symptoms needs to be changed.

Hi Peter and all
I agree with B
The original symptoms, if I remember correctly, were noticed in the
south in early 2006.  Our bees in Canada and likely many of the
northern states, were not opened until late March April or even
later.  The one symptom that comes to mind is there were no dead bees
but a small cluster and a queen.  Here we opened our hives with lots
of dead bees, with a small cluster, which died shortly, or dead
hives.  The fact that our weather wouldn't let our bees die away from
the hive doesn't change the fact that the bees were dead.  This is
not intended to criticize the researchers who made up the original
list as they had to start somewhere.
\
Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario