From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2008 13:41:56 -0500
Hello Peter & All,
Peter said:
> Well, it IS causing concern in Spain.

Peter please fast forward to the location most beeks are at and
answer :

What possible solution for fighting virus is available?( other than what I
stated)

Control mites, N. ceranae and better nutrition to keep a healthy bee immune
system.

 In humans?

OK girls form a line for your annual shot to prevent virus. Branding each
bee was considered in the early days of beekeeping but rejected (kidding!)

Peter said.
By the way, CCD is not the cause of anything, it is
> the result -- of something.

I think the entire list understands the above.

By the way are you seeing the CCD described symptoms in New York? tens of
thousands of hives crashing from CCD related symptoms? How many cases have
you seen?

CCD is simply a set of described symptoms. Cause unknown.

Bob Harrison opinion:
I think we can rule out a single cause for CCD to be found at this point. I
also firmly believe that if you control mites, provide good nutrition for
your bees and control nosema ceranae that you will end up with good bees.
Myself and all the beeks I advise have got the best bees in years.

We all agree that nosema ceranae was the missing link to getting good bees
back.

CCD as explained by the CCD working group was virus and N. ceranae in 100%
of CCD samples.
Beeks took nosema ceranae out of the equation leaving virus and like magic
good bees.

Now if we can find a solution for pesticides maybe we can move on.

 CCD symptoms are said by those looking at CCD to be caused by four
possible areas of concern.

" I do not know what CCD is but I know CCD when I see it"
Jeff Pettis (ABF convention Jan. 2008)

I wish I could say what I think about the method the 4 million is being used
for CCD research but my post would not go through ( like many others) but I
find it unbelievable Jerry B. did not get funding.

I will use the grapevine to try and get you funding Jerry. At the very least
make other beeks aware you were passed over!

bob