From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:24:02 -0400
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 04:16:05 EDT, Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> the spore stage is resistant to virtually everything except  burning
>for up to half a century and during that time the beekeeper can move the
>disease to the other end of the country.

Well known. My point, however, was the variance in state laws from mandatory
burning in some states, to laissez faire in others. If the case is isolated,
burning the whole thing is the best idea. But if the spores have already
spread throughout the entire outfit, that's another matter. Believe me,
there are plenty of operations like that out there