From:
Mike Bassett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2008 13:23:08 -0500
On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 10:06:14 -0600, Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>When we raise cells in Texas we use the jenter system and need around 6-10
>systems.

My question is how do you address the wax that is added to the end of the
plug that is inserted into the jenter box. After a while a large number of
the plugs when pulled out the back leave the egg and wax in the cell. I
have tried new plugs with new wax, cleaning out the hole with q tips etc
and still lose a large # of eggs due to this problem. other than that it
works very good.

>The only queen rearing system I have use (other than grafting) has been
the
>jenter. Others will need to comment on the Mann lake system which is
>advertised to raise I think four times as many cells as the jenter.

I use both and both work well, the Mann lake system doesn't require that
the cells be drawn out first. I put both in a few days early and they seem
to work better that way. The mann lake system is hard to remove there
equivilent of the plugs, but I ran across a real old fly tying material
holder that has rubber on the ends(hold the plastic cups better) that lets
you remove the cups slick. just listen for cracks some times the plastic
cup will crack, throw it away and never try and resuse the cups to time
consuming.

I have tried to train the queens to enter the box on there own so i don't
have to find them but thus far no sucess.

mike bassett syracuse n.y.