From:
Dick Marron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2008 08:19:02 -0400

[log in to unmask] writes:

> [...]

researchers, discovered that a mixed hive of Asian (Apis cerana) and
European
(Apis mellifera) honey bees quickly overcame language  differences.<<<<<<<<

Something about this troubles me. My reading tells me that Apis Ceranae
predate on EHBs and AHBs and eventually take over the hive by out producing
Ceranae eggs. The eventual output of the situation is "no more Mellifera."
There is a transition stage. I can't believe that the mentioned researchers
do not know this, so something else must be going on. I guess they never
actually said that the mix was viable. Straighten me out someone.

Dick Marron