Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2008 11:58:54 +0000
7bit
From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Peter

> I think it, and research like it, turns everything on its head. This
> basically means that characters present in the DNA coding can be
> switch on and off by any number of chemicals including elements in the
> food and environment,

I do not think it indicates this at all, why do we need to invoke DNA
changes to explain what is merely a change in nutrition which in turn
causes apparent changes in development ?

Are you implying that a child fed on orange juice ends up with different
DNA to a child fed on apple juice ?

IF diet can change DNA in a hereditary fashion, that would be a whole
new ball game.

Diet is an external factor in altering bee behaviour and morphometric
features  both temporarily and permanently. So it could be that we can
alter bee behaviour as needed, or permanently with changes in diet
(after more research), but there is no need for this to come about by
DNA changes or be hereditary, Mr Occam should prevail here.

--
Regards & Best 73s, Dave Cushman, G8MZY
http://melliferabees.net Email: [log in to unmask]