From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 06:50:50 -0600
Hello Mike & All,

> He mentioned one operation that lost a
whole trailer load of nucs with CCD symptoms.

I just spent a week in the Dakotas looking for CCD and talking to commercial
beekeepers. Talked to two which had attended their last bee meeting. None
reported any problems and said they had not heard of any.

However that *does not mean* there are not a *few* beekeepers having
problems. Mike send me a name if you can so I can contact.

I had a very large beekeeper in California tell me that he had heard of bees
on four frames arriving in California from North Dakota but not dead. Said
he had heard of a beekeeper in the central valley with deadouts but not CCD
symptoms (and the beekeeper always has deadouts!).

What have you heard in California Randy? Thousands of hives crashing from
CCD?

ALL beekeepers are checking and asking. Every bee meeting asks its members!

Jeff pettis did the piece for 60 minutes within the last 2-3 weeks I was
told. I am sure Jeff would have loved to say the problem was starting again
but he did not!
Because it isn't!

Dave Hackenberg is in contact with as many commercial beekeepers as I am .

I believe he would have said on 60 minutes IF the problem was being seen
this fall. He said the opposite but worried about next year!

I guess I will have to get my "hacker" to hack into Jim Fischer's email &
voice mail.( kidding Jim but send me a name!).

Bob

"Thinking where there is smoke there is not always fire"

--
believed to be clean.