Condense Mail Headers

From:
Eric Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:40:05 -0400
>This is a totally erroneous example, 3 frames is not a colony, it is
>even smaller than most swarms or casts, so it's first priority for
>survival is more worker brood, which it will produce until it becomes a
>viable 'stand alone' colony.

How is that an "erroneous example"?  What's the total error?  In my
example I didn't even call a 3-frame nuc a "colony," and I really don't
see (nor am I trying to open a discussion as to) why it matters whether
you do or don't want to.  The facts of what that nuc will do are as you
confirmed above.  The facts aren't erroneous, so what is?  The fact is
honeybees can be manipulated to draw approximately 100% worker comb.
Honeybees can also be manipulated to draw at least 30-35% drone comb.  My
point was that there are all sorts of exceptions to the 15% rule.  I
purposefully gave as extreme an example as I could think of such that the
point would be unambiguous.  Obviously, we could come up with all manner
of intermediate examples, too.