From:
Scot McPherson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 20:00:00 -0500
There are no other significant beekeepers in my area. 5 or 6 in number of 1
to 5 hive beekeepers in the entire region. When my bees are left to their
own devices to build comb, it is smaller than what large cell beekeepers
consider ordinary. Its not 4.8 or 4.9mm average, but I don't have a single
hive with larger than 5.1 in the core brood nest, most is 5.0mm or smaller,
with extremes core brood nests being between 4.7 and 4.8mm on the small
size. I catch my own swarms when I can.

Scot McPherson
McPherson Family Farms
Davenport, IA