Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:54:13 GMT
>>I am also looking for a good way to deal with uncapping and the cappings left over. I am considering rigging a mesh basket into the extractor just for cappings.

You can put your cappings in 3 nylon mesh bags (such as used to filter paint) and tie the bags inside your extractor in a way that will balance the load and spin most of the honey out.

You can also suspend the nylon bags with cappings over pails and let the honey drain down overnight.  Just make sure there is not too much humidity in the room.

Waldemar