From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 22:22:41 -0700
Mike:
We are experiencing very hot days (100º+) ...What has
 been the groups' experience with brood rearing by hives
going into early fall with these conditions?

Reply:
Well, we are experiencing very hot days too of 100F+, with
high humidity on top of that and flooding throughout our
area with best monsoon rains since about 1983 thereabouts.
Stupid me out there working up hives for fall flow, and
most are two full boxes of brood and queens are laying for
all they are worth right now. Honey and pollen coming in
but majority being used for brooding up to roll, and our
traditional main flow for fall doesn't start until about 1
Oct. So this could be a good ending for a crapy spring
beginning to end with a decent year if can stay on top of
things. But with 2 full deeps of brood with 6-8 frames in
each of same, it is easy to make a full divide if one has
to take up 1-2 here and there and move on. So if hot and
humidity to match, see no problem as vegetation really
comes on. The problem is when hot and no plants coming on
and blooming is hurting.

Dee A. Lusby

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/