From:
Steve Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2007 11:29:43 -0400
Peter quotes and writes;
[[[
> In no place could I find any STATED GOAL of native pollinators to COMPETE
with beekeepers.

> You can help!  Please contact your senator and let them know that native
pollinators are very important to the future of agriculture.

> Why are native bees so helpful? Collectively, native bees are more
versatile than honey bees. Some species, such as mason bees, are active
when conditions are too cold or wet for honey bees. Many species also are
simply more efficient at moving pollen between flowers. Bumble bees and
several other native species can buzz pollinate flowers - vibrating the
flower to release pollen from deep inside the pollen-bearing anthers -
which honey bees cannot do. Crops such as tomatoes, cranberries, and
blueberries produce larger, more abundant fruit when buzz pollinated.

ACTIVE, MORE EFFICIENT, LARGER, MORE ABUNDANT!
NATIVE POLLINATORS! FUTURE OF AGRICULTURE!

Sounds like ad copy to me.
]]] end of Peter's post

The bulleted items are quotes.  Non bulleted items are Peter's words.  The
quoted items are not attributed to their sources.  Because the first quote
is from me, and the next two are from the paper I was referring to in the
first quote, I think I know what point you are trying to make, Peter.  But
it might be confusing to someone who hasn't been following the Pollinator
Protection Act thread really closely.

At any rate, my question to you is, are any of the second two bulleted
statements you have quoted untrue, and if not then;  A) How so? and B) If
those statements ARE true, what else would you expect from a group which
advocates for the well being of native pollinators?, and C) How does
stating the truth about native pollinators constitute a STATED GOAL on the
part of the advocates of native pollinators to COMPETE with beekeepers?  In
other words how does it being “ad copy” make it anti beekeeping?

Steve Noble