Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2007 17:18:19 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (39 lines)
On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 13:25:54 -0500, Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>This is indeed a big leap to blame imports. Also even bigger for Brian to
>point the finger at the Aussie imports. 

Do you read any of the materials you are so critical of before firing off? 

The quote from the article is the following: 

"I also learned that it was suspected that the virus had entered the U.S. on imported bees."

Since we have not had any mass importation of bees legally other then the Aussie packages and 
queens, its a no brainer to conclude the author was refering to the Aussie bees. 

Further more here is my quote

"I guess we'll have to wait until more published reports come forth to be more certian. "

Since this is a discussion board the concept is to share information and ideas. I felt the author 
gave us some pieces of the puzzle from what is currently unreleased reports. Its up to the readers 
then to fill in the blanks. I chose the OBVIOUS conclusions to fill in the blanks and then left a 
qualifier that we'll have to wait until more published reports come forth to be more certain. 

Its a strange, strange world US beekeeping lives in. We have clearly unsustainable beekeeping 
practices being done routinely in the commercial migratory sector. We then further risk our 
industry by reacting to the almond growers over planting by bringing in imported bees. How much 
more bizarre can the situation get? 

Somehow the US bee industry is being ram rodded by the almond growers and what 1400 large 
beekeepers? What is wrong with this picture? Who said they should be calling the shots? I'm sick 
and tired of my own passion and source of income being put at risk by a handful of people who 
appear to be looking at the benefits for a few and not giving a darn about the health of our 
honeybees and the ability of the large portion of beekeepers to practice their craft. 

* Full guidelines for BEE-L posting are at:          *
* http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm  *

ATOM RSS1 RSS2