Date:
Fri, 4 May 2007 12:39:17 GMT
>>Today, fewer farmers feed more people than ever before in the
history of food production.

This is true but is this the optimum goal for humanity?  This
indirectly implies that there should be fewer beekeepers that produce
honey for more people than ever.  My opinion is that the goal should
be self-sustaining communities that also include local farmers and
beekeepers.

There is no shortage of food - in the US and EU we pay farmers hefty
subsidies not to farm.  Since there are millions of hungry people in
the US and worldwide, there clearly is an issue in food distribution.

Waldemar