From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:23:22 -0500
On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 21:40:41 -0600, Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Enforcement of illegal use of pesticides rests solely with bee inspectors.
>Some look the other way and some don't.

It is certainly not part of the job of NYS bee inspectors. They see this
stuff all the time, but do not report on it. They are mandated to control
bee diseases, not chemical applications.

I always tell beekeepers that it is illegal to apply unapproved chems or to
apply approved ones incorrectly. And if they are caught with contaminated
honey it will be *their problem*. Well, not just their problem because news
stories about illegal chemicals in honey hurts the whole industry.

And don't get me wrong, I think oxalic acid treatment should be approved and
IF it was I would recommend it. But until then, I would stick to approved
chems (or no chems).

pb