From:
Peter Dillon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2007 00:22:37 -0500
Would any individual who has reputable credentials related to the work
being carried out at the present trying to identify the causative
factors of CCD please indicate to what level is it believed that this
(CCD) is a reoccurring event.

I ask as on many occasions a statement that this is the case is made.

Would it be more correct to indicate that depopulation of bee colonies
have occurred before - the reason(s) in the past not being identified -
and at each occurrence the underlying causative factors may/may not have
changed.

Reading the last report, I note that it suggested that problems could
have been occurring for three or more years.
It would be interesting to read an indication of how many years more
than three.

Related to the testing for residual amounts of pesticides present in
corpses, wax, pollen etc.
Since a statement of precaution mentions a class of pesticides that
rapidly diminish after original intoxication  - samples that show
presence may not indicate original amounts present.

I would be most interested to read on protocols that avoid the problems
where pesticide levels present in samples would not necessarily be
accurate indications of levels present at time of intoxication.

I am not interested in arguments over numbers of bee colonies that have
died - but in having information that indicates the root of the cause of
so called CCD.

Many regards,
Peter