From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2007 16:54:47 -0600
> The problem I had in my very limited (statistically insignificant)
> experience with Russian crosses was that they were, for me,
> intolerably "mean."  I wonder if others with statistically more
> significant experiences could relate similar stories.

I've heard the same, but look at this:
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/2003/diary011003.htm.  (go to Friday).

We were all tearing these hives apart repeatedly, without smoke or veils, as
I recall, and I don't think anyone was stung.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if the bees that are being sold
as Russians are really the Russians that we saw at the lab.

Charley? You have the real Russians, but not everyone can afford one of your
breeders.  Would I be putting you on the spot to ask you to mention several
commercial suppliers who get stock from you and have your confidence?