From:
Ruary Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 08:18:19 -0000
First I am not disputing Dave's expertise, I know Dave quite well from
Gormanston.

I think we have to revisit what he did say.

What I understand Dave to say is
that Morphometry can be used for TWO purposes the first is
Morphometry can be used for fine detail within a closed population
and the second is  to classify unknown samples into racial groupings,
further he goes on to to say that the measurements taken
will be different for the two purposes, but both approaches are possible.

What we are dealing with is the second use.

Dave goes on to say if you are trying to identify  something like AHB, you
will need a database that has been developed
from colonies that are known to be AHB by behaviour that can be traced
back to Kerr's experiment.

ARS would be able to develop the database by the measuring of colonies which
were tainted by AHB, after all that is how Ruttner must have developed his
criteria for the European races.

Ruary