From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 17:37:50 -0600
>> Ahh!  Those were the good old days!
>
> Nope it's the good new ways again as beekeepers not using
> treatments more and more return to these basic ways of
> keeping honeybees without all various treatments, thus
> making interchangeability of equipment good managment
> again, especially when used in conjunction with unlimited
> broodnest of 2-3 deeps.

Yes, and no.  A few lucky ones, especially those who

1.) are fortunately located, with the right climate, humidity and seasons

2.) happen to have stock which is mite resistant, like some strains
     of AHB and some strains under development

3.) are not migratory

    or

4.) are not totally dependant on bees for a livelihood

are able to do so, some better than others, and some more honestly than
others.

Hopefully, over time, though, more and more will be able to do so, but we
are talking about a past where everyone -- including total dolts -- could do
so with impunity.