From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2007 13:25:32 -0500
Hello Allen & All,
Allen said:
>, was that the researcher in question was actually contacted by the
moderation team for confirmation since the matter was controversial, and the
researcher did not agree that
you were quoting or interpreting his/her words correctly or in context.

Maybe you are willing to let researchers off the hook but I am not. When
they do a presentation in front of a group of beekeepers ( most I record )
then they are fair game to the beekeeping community.

The problem is old friend is that NONE of the researchers like to see their
name on BEE-L.

Researchers are VERY careful what they publish but in presentations things
are different. My hearing is fine. I would love to discuss what those
researchers *meant*to say instead of what they did say on BEE_L but not
going to happen. They might send a one-liner comment to defuse the situation
but that's it!

Years ago I made a statement about a researcher based on what several people
told me was fact. When the researcher denied what was said I apologized (in
archives). Not because what I posted was not true but because the people
involved lost their nerve and would not stand up. My mistake was listening
to others back then. Will never happen again. I report now only what I hear
and tape.

I am done discussing the issue with you on BEE-L. Have you ever wondered why
those researchers you contacted NEVER have contacted me?  I would love to
hear from researchers anytime. Happy to discuss what they meant to say
instead of what they said.
I understand completely ( maybe better than you) why researchers do not for
the most part want to do internet discussion.

Bob

--
believed to be clean.