From:
Steve Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 15:43:12 -0400
Peter said:  “For a growing number of people it's like selling snake oil
and ripping
off consumers.”

Peter, if you want to convince people that emphasizing that “Organic” is
better than “Ordinary” is like selling snake oil you have got your work cut
out for you.  Whether it is true or not it is what a growing number of
people believe if for no other reason than because that's what they want to
believe.  And no amount of chemical analysis is going to convince them
otherwise.  So what if it’s a marketing gimmick.  I haven’t seen “Ordinary
Honey” on any labels lately.  Maybe it just doesn’t sell.  Or maybe it is
associated with icky stuff that creeps people out.  Personally I like all
honey, but I like some honeys better that others.

Steve Noble