From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:01:11 EST
All

When we report bees dying, we've heard of losses of thousands of hives --
from long-term beekeepers who sustained the losses in the last few weeks.
That's not someone poisoning the food of a couple of colonies.  Penn  State is
investigating, as is USDA Beltsville.  We hope that we're not in  the 'me too'
mode.  We would like to be able to contribute to solving  the question(s).  We
also want to compliment, not duplicate ongoing  studies.

This problem may extend well beyond these two states, from reports that we
are getting.

Jerry