From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 07:05:24 -0600
Hello All,

>Canadian polyflora, white, max 25mm  USD

>Chinese white, max 34mm         USD

I might add  the above are top grades and lighter than most U.S. grades.
Some white is produced in Argentina but most I have seen has been  a bakery
grade *color*.

Sought by packers because of low price and mixed using 8 drums of the bakery
grade  ( darker honey for those not familiar with the term) mixed with two
drums of the white to lighten up. If white is selling in large quantities
(typical 10,000 Lb. shipments & up) at or around .65 U.S. on the world
market then bakery grades should be lower unless the demand is high.

One thing which has changed in my understanding of this years Argentina
honey is that we were told by a packer panel at the ABF convention that
honey prices were low because last Argentina season produced a larger crop
then was expected which seemed to be the case aaaand some packers stocked
up.

Then we were told this years Argentina crop was expected to be a bumper crop
which seems now not to be the case.

Bob

* Full guidelines for BEE-L posting are at:
*
* http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm
*
*******