From:
james kilty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2006 18:38:12 +0000
On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 13:50 -0500, Chris Slade wrote:

> is VSH and the bald brood seen
> in small cell colonies  the same phenomenon but just
> triggered differently?

Rodger will hopefully be doing a Ph.D. and might be able to answer this
question on our bees hived on 5.45mm. A daily photo of the development
of a new frame will show quite a lot (say, day 10-21). We both have
these traits plus significant grooming damage. My highest chewing was in
July/August during/after the summer flow and later in one colony after
the ivy, when a whole side of brood was removed leaving a second later
frame pristine.

--
james kilty http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk/beekeeping/improvement.htm