From:
mark berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:59:12 -0800
This honey sounds like aster to me.

  The "ferals" probably came from your colonies' swarms or someone elses.  I have a "bee tree" in the front yard of my house. It has been occupied  for the last 15 years or more. Sometimes the colony survives the winter  and sometimes not. It will usually get reoccupied by a swarm from one  of my colonies or from the colony in the eve on the back side of our  house.

  I still maintain that a feral colony is just an unmanaged colony. The  words are interchangable, with a few minor differences. Such as the  hive being occupied by the colony. The bees are nearly the same.

  Mark

"[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
.  The honey started crystalizing with very fine grain in
the buckets within 3 days after extraction!  I have not seen this
before.

The only [major] difference I see between local ferals and my
colonies is the amount of stored spring/summer honey.

Sponsored Link

$420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month -   Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage? Find Out!