From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:09:48 +0100
Hi Mike

 > Instead of waxing the row of cells to the bar I am going to try
 > attaching it to the bar using sewing thread,

This works, but make sure that the ends of the thread are well buried in
the wax, otherwise it is possible for the bees to loosen the strip,
before it has been adequately attached with wax.

I do not understand your question about cell punching, the punch passes
right through the comb, the cell stays inside the punch, but is slid
into position at the mouth of the punch using a wooden dowel. The punch
and cell are then mounted in a bar with tight holes to grip the punches
so that they can hang vertically.

I have a web page in preparation that details a frame with small spring
clips (terry tool clips) that can hold two rows of punches, I will send
a link when it is finished.

Regards & Best 73s, Dave Cushman, G8MZY
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman or http://www.dave-cushman.net
Short FallBack M/c, Build 6.02/3.1 (stable)