Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 06:34:59 EST
Browsing through Bees for Development's new on-line brochure
(_www.beesfordevelopment.org_ (http://www.beesfordevelopment.org) ) I came  across an article
and pictures of a group of Senegalese beekeepers building top  bar hives,
using local materials. The pictures suggest that they are using  narrow bars, ie
with gaps between, kept apart by castellated spacers.

Does anybody know why they would be doing it that way?  The bars on my  TBH
but together and this works for me, but what do I know?

Chris