From:
Peter Dillon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 22:15:32 -0600
Living and beekeeping 11 miles north of the USA/Canadian border (on the
northern side) in Manitoba - it seems to me that there is somewhat an
increased risk of having AHB genes being introduced into my bee stock.

I have bees that collect nectar from Canola plants on the south side of
the line and I presume that the inverse occurs from US colonies present
in North Dakota.

Since bees are transported down from ND to the almonds in California,
moved over to Texas for further colony "development" then brought back
up to the canola, the AHB genes are going to be eventually moved north.

What are the thoughts of others in this position?

Regards,

Peter

Still 20 cm general snow cover and temps. hovering around zero celsius
as a daytime high.