From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 21:09:30 -0700
Ron Bogansky <[log in to unmask]> wrote: I have one colony that should have crashed from mite load but is thriving.

Save that queen and use her as a breeder queen.  See if her daughters can produce bees that can stand high mite loads and still function well.  As we're learning that mites are probably the carriers of viruses that do the actual damage, maybe you have a strain of bees that are highly resistant to the viruses.  Would pay to investigate.

Mike in LA