From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:03:38 -0700
...we had to swirl the needle -- especially with
> young larvae that just
> float away from the utensil), the bees may simply
> repair the caps.

I did my testing with one clean poke,  I did not swirl
the needle for fear of making it too easy by creating
too large of a hole.  I can't imagine a larvae
floating away from the sharp end of a needle, but I
did have one colony that sealed the holes back up,
but I took that as a sign of 'failure to identify an
injured or dead larvae'  and requeened the colony.

Yahoo! for Good