From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 15:38:07 +0100
Thinking of things that Allen had missed reminded me of an incident earlier
this year when one of our lady members (not in her first flush of youth) was
called to a swarm at a local hospital.  The swarm was way out of reach in a
high tree, even with a ladder, so she tried to decline the job.  However,
the person in charge at the hospital was not going to accept that - and
promptly called the fire brigade who promptly arrived with a 'cherry
picker'.

It then took seven of them to do a risk assessment on allowing her to go up
and get the swarm!

I think Allen had seven to caution about the dangers, but did anyone do a
proper risk asssessment?

Peter Edwards

(Yes, she did get the swarm!)