From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:17:37 -0500
>Yet I don't consider our bees hot or any different from
what we have had over the years,

Interesting as we all see aggressive bees (mostly supercedure bees) in our
operations.

>What problem do you think will come next on the list? Any
ideas?

Beekeepers are going to find that once a hive displays PMS signs the spores
will still be in comb and the next colony will be more likely to develop
virus problems when varroa levels reach levels high enough for viral
infections. I have talked about PMS before! Starting to become a common
subject in beekeeping circles now!

As most know the deadly virus of the world are still around waiting for the
right conditions to manifest.

>By the way, Sioux Honey is paying 1.0970 with pool one &
bonus. Pool 7 (lowest) is .7065 not counting special pool
and melter pool.

Great! I will give them a call and see how many barrels they want!

Not a member they said!

Of course the Sioux members did not get the buck fifty a pound non members
did the last few years.

Aagin the "merry go Round of commercial beekeeping"

Sioux can pay high prices to members as their honey is about the highest
price in stores  in history. When the old price war starts again I wonder
what Souix will pay! All packers doing some serious price holding which I am
grateful for! Helps keep my retail prices high.

I think U.S. honey should sell for $10 a pound and foreign honey for a
dollar a pound but what do I know!

Busy week Dee! Last warm week to pull supers!

Your friend,
Bob Harrison