Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:53:48 EST
Wedges.  They are cut from scrap wood and are a few inches long and  maybe an
inch square depending on the source.  I always carry a few in the  pocket of
my beekeeping tool belt.  They can level a hive, stop a hive  rocking on its
stand, or act as an extra hand when easing open a stuck  hive.  Lever a small
gap with the hive tool and insert the thin end of the  wedge. You can then bent
down to see what the problem is or to add smoke without  risking your back by
supporting the weight and twisting.  This and other  useful tools and tips
are to be found on the Dorset BKA web site.

Chris