From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 05:24:20 -0600
>> Our bees have less then 1-2% foul brood,
>
> Be it 900 +/- or 700 +/- with your math, we still have with
> our bees less then 1-2% foul brood finding only two
> colonies I pulled foul from this year so far.

I think what Rip was pointing out is that although two in eight hundred (to
take an average) is, indeed, less than one or two percent, it is in fact
*much* less -- 0.25 % -- or 1/4 of one percent, and very much less than two
percent.

That leaves everyone wondering if you normally find as much as 18 hives,
which would be two percent, and if this year is, therefore, abnormally low?

allen